Saturday, June 7, 2008

Summer in the city!

I have been having a blast the last couple of weeks. I have been starting to write lyrics again, and in addition to that, I've been taking guitar and vocal lessons. I'm really going to try my hand at music this time.

My vocal coach is the coolest chick in the world, and is surprisingly enough getting me to be comfortable with singing around her, which is something I'm never really able to do.

In addition to that, I've been out of work for almost a week because my boss has been working corporate, but I am going back tomorrow. It's okay though, because I've been occupied. My brother and his girlfriend came up to visit this week and we went to the Museum of Natural History. That was the first time I went there. And then last weekend I went home for a couple of days.

I've also been hanging out with some new people, and haven't talked to my pain-in-the-ass guy friend mentioned in my older posts. I believe things are really done with us and I feel free. Not to mention that I think I met someone who could be for me. It's a great feeling.

Also, I saw Rilo Kiley the other night, and they were amazing. And it was very inspiring to watch in my current musical mindset. I can't wait to get very good at the guitar and be able to write the music to all these ideas in my head.

No comments: